utorok 29. januára 2008

M.L. King´s Quotations

The question is not whether we will be extremist but what kind of extremist will we be.


We are not makers of history. We are made by history.


We will have to repent in this generation not merely for the hateful words and actions of the bad people but for the appalling silence of the good people.


I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal."


If you will protest courageously, and yet with dignity and Christian love, when the history books are written in future generations, the historians will have to pause and say, "There lived a great people—a black people—who injected new meaning and dignity into the veins of civilization."


Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.


I decided early to give my life to something eternal and absolute. Not to these little gods that are here today and gone tomorrow, but to God who is the same yesterday, today, and forever.


Discrimination is a hellhound that gnaws at Negroes in every waking moment of their lives to remind them that the lie of their inferiority is accepted as truth in the society dominating them.


I just want to do God's will. And he’s allowed me to go to the mountain. And I've looked over, and I've seen the promised land! I may not get there with you, but I want you to know tonight that we as a people will get to the promised land.


I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. This is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant.


The sweltering summer of the Negro’s legitimate discontent will not pass until there is an invigorating autumn of freedom and equality.


Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see.


A riot is the language of the unheard.


From the prodigious hilltops of New Hampshire, let freedom ring. From the mighty mountains of New York, let freedom ring. From the heightening Alleghenies of Pennsylvania, let freedom ring. But not only that: Let freedom ring from every hill and molehill of Mississippi.


Shallow understanding from people of good will is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will.


If physical death is the price that I must pay to free my white brothers and sisters from a permanent death of the spirit, then nothing can be more redemptive.

 


2 komentáre:

  1. Thank you for sharing these. (I must admit: I took one to put into my Blog. It will serve to prove that true value such as this quotation is transnational). Regards

    OdpovedaťOdstrániť
  2. All is OK :) I moved this things from my 360.yahoo blog and so I till now didn´t catch in translate this quotation to Slovak language, but I will soon:)

    OdpovedaťOdstrániť