štvrtok 25. septembra 2008

My vacation 2008


Good bye Košice...

Place of my vacation of this year was ZAKYNTHOS which is the third largest of the Ionian Greece Islands. Covers an area of 410 m2 and its coastline is roughly 123 kilometres in length.
The terrain is there varied; there are fertile plains in the southeastern part, which merge gently into peaceful bays and golden beaches while the western side of the island is mountainous with steep cliffs along its coasts.
The mild, Mediterranean climate and the plentiful winter rainfall presents the island with dense vegetation. Olive oil, currants, grapes, citrus fruit are principal products.
The capital, which has the same name as the prefecture, is the town of Zakynthos -apart from its official name it is also called Chora.
I have been in Alykanas which is near to Alykes. They are practically merged into one, as there is only 1km between the two resorts. Alykanas is spread out across the fertile plain amongst olive groves and has a large selection of shops, bars restaurants and tavernas which are quiet and relaxing in low season, but considerably more lively in the high season. The beach is a continuation of the coastline golden sand from Alykes. There are many hotels, apartments and studios to choose from to suit everyone.
Old Alykanas is situated on the outskirts of Alykanas towards the coast and is the original village; here you can find small tavernas and accommodation in quiet and peaceful areas

21 komentárov:

  1. Dear Maria,
    Thank you for sharing these photos from Zakynthos, Greece, a place that I always wanted to visit.
    This holidays of yours must have been a beautiful one, like in dreams.
    Thank you again.

    OdpovedaťOdstrániť
  2. Ow, these pictures are beautiful, but I like this one best :) You really had a nice holiday and I'm happy for you...hugs :)

    OdpovedaťOdstrániť
  3. I wish I could go to Greece some day! You had a great time!

    OdpovedaťOdstrániť
  4. Thank you to all for your comments....I'm glad that you also like the beauty, the simple but grandiose things that are all around us....

    OdpovedaťOdstrániť
  5. ....is that really fruit Istvan???? I thought that this is some sort of cactus, I all the time admired it looked on it, but that it is fruit about this I had no idea... You are very " Good teacher" for me:) Thank you much:)

    OdpovedaťOdstrániť
  6. They was nice greece melodic songs dear Ann....I will take to my site some:)

    OdpovedaťOdstrániť
  7. I also wish to turn back there.....this was a reason that for the farewell I thrown all my small coins to sea....it is such superstition....and I like sometimes to be superstitionist:) I would be glad to meet you
    there sometimes:)

    OdpovedaťOdstrániť
  8. Oh I have thrown many coins too,,,,lol,,,,wonderful photographs,,HUGS Maria

    OdpovedaťOdstrániť
  9. Milá Marie !
    To jsou nádherný fotky a já ti za ně děkuji ,miluju Řecko a ty fotky my tuto nádhernou zemi alespoň trošku přiblížili . Letos mi operace kolena zabránila mým plánum jet do Řecka na dovolenou a tak doufám že se mi to příští rok povede.Teď jsem na návštěvě u synovce na Slovensku v Trenčíně .A souhlasím s tebou že by bylo velice příjemné se stebou setkat osobně . Tak zatím alespoň díky i za tuto virtuální možnost být s tebou !
    Mněj se hezky a těším se na další komunikaci .
    Helena

    OdpovedaťOdstrániť